Sunday, June 05, 2011

Mickey's birthday epic



Here is the first two pages of a six page comic strip I did for Mickey's fourth birthday. Page one is on the bottom. It is a story his mother Mary wrote about their real adventures with friend Sue who injured her eye. To keep the boy distracted while they waited hours at Wal-Mart (worst service ever) she converted their day into a fairy tale of the Brave Sir Mickey (and Bob, the Horse).

I took the story and illustrated it as a comic book. I think he liked it. If you can, go over to the Quigley page and see the whole thing. I may try to put it up on my Not Mayberry blog.

BTW, here is a report from Mary regarding the actual birthday itself!

First thing this morning:
Martin: Happy birthday, Mickey!
Mary: Happy birthday little man!
Mickey: I'm FOUR!! Where are my presents?

A kid after my own heart.

2 Comments:

Blogger Blaine said...

His comments on his birthday morning were very direct and to the point. (How did the horse get named Bob?)

1:08 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

He was named after Meghan's cat?

Actually, Mickey once rode a horse named Bob.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home