Saturday, December 24, 2011

New Update for Mother - Christmas Eve

The doctor was at the hospital this morning and Jackie was there.  The test results from yesterday showed, not an obstruction but a narrowing in part of the small intestine.  They are thinking they might not have to do surgery.  They have upgraded her from a clear liguid diet to a full liguid diet (added things like oatmeal/cream of wheat, ice cream and pudding).  She seemed in good spirits today.  Says she doesn't sleep very well, but then again I don't think many people do in the hospital.  I think they will see how each progression in her diet goes and maybe it will help open it up. I have not talked to the doctor myself so not sure of specifics on the treatment plan (and maybe they are clear on the specifics either).  Will give more updates as I hear. 

Plan to take Meghan by tonight after church service at 5pm and the 2 of them can open their presents from each other tonight.  Meghan with her Dad until church and tomorrow I know it will be busy here at my house and at her room with everyone wanting to see her. 

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!   

1 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Beautiful tree photo.
Dr. said some theraphy/rehab probaby staring Monday to help her with walking, etc.

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home