Thursday, October 16, 2008

City of Ember, Busch Gardens and Other Events

Monday (Meghan had Columbus Day off), Meghan and I went with some of her friends (and other Mothers) to see the movie "City of Ember". We had not read the book but I found the movie very interesting and suspenseful. I really enjoyed it and I think Meghan did too...she said she did but that was about all she said about it. I think Scott and Laura would enjoy taking their "nieces" in NC to see it.

Last Friday (Meghan also had that day off), Meghan and I went to Busch Gardens. There have been 2 roller coasters that Meghan has not wanted to go on...Kumba and Sheikra...and mommy has been VERY happy about that. But alas, on Friday we met up with some of her friends from school and Meghan happily hops on Kumba (and loves it) AND Sheikra (and liked that too). I am very unhappy about the next time her and I go there.....

Oh, I must say Meghan also tried Rhino Rally, which she has always been afraid of ever since DW & I took her on it when she was about 2-3. It had just opened, it was night time and we didn't know that sitting on the back row would get you wet and to top it off, when our jeep went into the water, like it is suppose to, it came off the track and we really got stuck in the water and Meghan was terrified that going in the water was a mistake (didn't realize it was part of the ride) and than became more scared because we got stuck and the jeep behind us than bumped into us because we were in the way. But this trip was uneventful and she ended up enjoying the ride.

Our weekend was also filled with a trip to the hydro farm with Jackie (only Jackie can find these places) where Meghan and I bought the biggest pumpkin I've ever had...now if I could just get someone else to scoop it out and carve it for her!

We also had a sleepover at MeMa's after dinner at CiCis with her, a swim in the "cool" pool water followed by a dip in the hot tub, and a trip to the mall where Meghan found the Apple store and the Christmas present she so desperately wants....and IPod Touch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Such a busy, exciting life the 2 of you have had this past week. I have found Big Bear Organic Blueberry Farm in Plant City for my next venture. They're also now growing vegetables. Owner called me once, he sounded like Blaine and then I thought he was Blaine when he told me "today I saw a man-eating chicken. Don't asked me why I'm up typing at this hour but I woke up thinking I needed to have Art's 1st Medicare Birthday Party. Will advise.

4:01 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

We haven't seen 'City of Ember' yet but will try to follow your advice. Laura read the book and liked it.

You do sound busy.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home