Saturday, June 13, 2009

Mother's Trip to Ybor City

I talked Mother into going into Ybor City to the HCC Preforming Arts Center to see Rosa Rio. She is the 107 year old piano and organ player that now lives in Sun City. Mother enjoyed it so much. It was part of the Music Symposium put on by the Artists and Writers Group in Tampa. Paul Wilborn was playing old 30"s and 40's music and talking about their lyrics. His wife Eugenre Bondurant also sang some of the songs. Then Rosa Rio came up to play. She was marvelous and had quite a sense of humor. We took the "short cut" home and drove through Ybor and the Channelside area to look around. Mother really had a good time and was happy that she went.

A photo of me and Mother at the event.


A photo of Mother and Rosa Rio before the show.


Rosa Rio playing and Paul Wilborn singing.


Paul Wilborn playing and his wife Eugenre Bondurant singing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Mother had a wonderful time and was so glad she went once she realized they would leave at 9am and not that the performance started at 9am.

Suddenly I must sign in to read the Quigley's. I signed in as I do for our blog and I was not accepted. Boooo!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Jackie,
The Quigley blog has gone behind a shield because so much personal info was going up on it. I have sent your e-mail address to her so you can be added.

I wouldn't want you to miss any pics of Maggie and Mickey

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home