Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Jessee Girls ( My Aunts)


From left to right, Fanie Kate, Thelma, Alalyn, and Mary. I never noticed before but in the shadows under the tree to the left of the group is a figure that appears to be our Grandfather, Scott Jessee. I left him in when I cropped this, along with some area to the left for context. Working on this on photo shop I also noticed something that is very hard to see unless you zoom in a lot, there is a ladies face (Grandmother?) between Fanie Kate and Thelma. Mother looked at this series of photos and was not able to identify where it was taken. Does anyone know?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

To me it does look like Grandad Jessee near the tree and Grandmother Jessee's face.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Laura rushed off to the library to do some research on the census records. In 1930 the Jessees were living in 431 Lee Street. When she checked the areal view of the street we could see a house that may have been it. At least it seems to have a porch like the one in the picture, but the trees are gone.

Given the age of the girls it must be in Bristol somewhere.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

That's 431 Lee Street in Bristol. Actually Mother remembered the street but not the house number.

I don't see how it could be Lebanon.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home