Saturday, February 05, 2011

Mickey and his knights


Every Tuesday night I get together with the Quigleys at the Black Cat Burritos for dinner and beer. Little Mickey Miggs, their three year old, always demands that I draw him pictures of knights.

He is a very demanding artistic patron: What do you want me to draw Mickey?

"Knights! I want knights!"

ok - what kind of knight. "I want a BAD knight! With a shield!"

Should he have a lance or a sword or something? "A sword - he has a sword."

Should I put something like an eagle or a cross on his shield?
"NO! Nothing on his shield."

Alright. Nothing on the shield. Should he be on a horse? "NO! Just standing."

"And he doesn't have those things!" ..... What things?

"On his feet. He doesn't ride a horse!"

Oh. You mean spurs?

"'purs! No 'purs! He is NOT on a horse."

And I used to think his sister was bossy.

I'm beginning to know how Dad felt once upon a time when he had to draw knights.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Ok this is a great story and I think you can include it (and I'm sure others) in that little book you're working on "Antics Of Our Lummox".

11:04 AM  
Blogger Clemens said...

I have retitled the little book to "How Mickey and His Big Sister Take Over the World (for its own good)"

The little lummox has a supporting role hunting for groundhogs.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Mary, Martin, Maggie and Mickey said...

What about "How Sir Mickey rescued Princess Sue?

10:28 PM  
Anonymous The Old Man said...

Hunting for groundhogs!!! What do you mean hunting for groundhogs? Am I ssfe around the Lummox?

2:17 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

You have been so far.

What could go wrong?

2:57 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

"Famous Last Words!" Does anyone other than me remember that cartoon?

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home