Monday, August 29, 2011

News from North Carolina

Last week I got down on my little futon chair in my office to take a nap and was all quiet and sleepy when the building started swaying for about 10 or 15 seconds. The great earthquake had struck. Laura did not notice it. We don't know about Leo but you know what they say about animals and earthquakes.

Then, of course, the great hurricane hit North Carolina - hard. Didn't do anything to us up here in the foothills and mountains. Their was a little bit of wind the afternoon I went out to my favorite winery to pick up my shipment of wine, and to set out on the piazza in the sun. They could not unfurl the umbrellas over the tables because the wind would pick them up and carry them off to Virginia or someplace.

Nice wine though.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Elizabeth said...

Picked up you "shipment" of wine? It sounds like you got a whole boatload of wine....anyway, glad you all are okay after the crazy happenings.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

No, only a box of six bottles. I get one every four months. I only subscribe to the service to support the local economy which is suffering. Honest.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Didn't realize you all felt it in NC! Wow!

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home