Friday, July 01, 2011

The last photo before the fall


I was out taking photos yesterday evening at the Gandy Bridge. I was going down the concrete erosion control to get a better photo of the sunset, when I slipped on the wet concrete and fell backward busting a place in the back of my head. This was the last photo that I snapped off before I fell. I was able to get up, and bleeding profusely, drove home. Judy then took me to the emergency room. Since I had just been there with Mother from here fall the other week I knew the procedure. I now have nine staples in my head. (No, they don't go into the skull they just hold the skin together like stitches.) I seem to be doing alright and am no less incomprehensible than normal.

This is the scene of the crime

6 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

I think you were very lucky that only 9 stiches. You must tell about the trumpet player.
It is a beautiful sunset...one of the best I've seen.

2:25 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Now that I've had some sleep I realize that this photo is not only beautful but of my favorite scene on Gandy.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I only needed seven stiches when it happened to me, long long ago in a galaxy far far away.

And look how I turned out.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Elizabeth said...

Well I hope you enter the picture in some contest and win something for it after going thru all that. Also, do you think you might want to invest in a cell phone now to have for emergencies just like this?

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Elizabeth said...

Oh, I have an old one you could use if you didn't want to buy one. You just have to get a plan of some sort.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Art didn't want a cell phone but I got a T-Mobile one ago for $13 at Walgreens. You buy whatever amount of minutes at the store on Gandy & Dale Mabry. Pay-as-you-go and easy.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home