Thursday, October 06, 2011

One of Judy's bromeliads


I am posting this photo because Jackie said that I had to post something new. She was tired of going to the blog and seeing the same old thing everyday. Since the old clock has become haunted and has started working, and chiming I thought that I had better do it to settle her down. The clock is the black one that Dad had gotten and worked on but never got it working. It seems to have upset Jackie so much that she dropped Mother's mail box keys in the parking lot and the neighbor had to return them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Clemens said...

There is obviously a back story here. And if it is the black clock I am thinking of Dad did too get it to work.

At least twice a day.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Story as I remember it was that this man at O'Sullivan needed money and Daddy paid him 35 cents for the clock.
Sometime/when I don't know he wound it too tight and it stopped. I got it when they sold house and had never gotten it to work until I slid it to the center of dresser Uncle Eddie made me (69 years ago) and tick tick dong dong dong, etc. Seems to chime on the hour only.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home