Sunday, October 07, 2007

Update on Laura's wound

I thought everyone knew about this but then when Jackie asked I realized that I hadn't said anything about it. Two months ago Laura had a growth taken off her back, right in the center between her shoulder blades that turned out to be possibly cancerous. The dermatological surgeon went back in and removed more material just to make sure. Apparently she got whatever it was, but the little three inch incision did not heal. It just opened up to a nickel sized hole in the middle of her back.

So the surgeon reopened the cut, removed all the old scar tissue, and restitched the wound. This was all done as an outpatient, but this last procedure took over an hour. Now it is doing much better but Laura can not do anything strenuous (guess who gets to do all the heavy lifting, walking the dog, etc).

She is doing fine and while tired of it and tired out from it she is running around doing all her regular activities - except when she wants me to do it.

I am getting a little tired of it too.

And now she tells me to quit whining!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to get the rest of the story and glad to hear it is finally healing. Sometimes I don't get the whole story from Mother. And I agree with Laura...stop whining.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Mother will often think she has told both Elizabeth & me something and one will have been told, or both, or neither. So glad to hear the whole story and hope it continues to heal & no cancer is ever there again...if it had been.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Actually ... I did mention it a few posts back, but I think it was in the same post I talked about Maggie going to Vietnam so maybe it got lost in the news.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home