Thursday, June 22, 2006

My Week in the Twin Hamlets

After so many years of living in 'The Twin Cities' I like to think of where I live now as the 'Twin Hamlets,' or sometimes 'The Land of Wilkes.' That's what the Not Mayberry site is about.

It's been a quiet week here in the Hamlets. Just got out of an exciting class on Yersina Pestis (the Bubonic Plague to most of you) taught by Maggie's Mom. Now I am in my office busy shirking my duties as acting chair.

Laura is done in Winston today, which means she will eat at an interesting place and shop at Borders. I should have gone with her but I had stuff to do up here.

Last Tuesday I went to the Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria for my weekly beer and pizza with Curtis and the gang. Maggie was there of course, and made me take her to the bar so she could see pizza being made. It was especially fun this week because the Campbells were there with their daughter Joanna, who is a great favorite of ours. She is getting so big and its only been about two months since I last saw her. Curtis has graduated from HS and is now looking for a summer job. He asks my advice, and then ignores it. Mainly he wants me to drive him to the various places he wants to apply to. The group that meets at the Mellow Mushroom every week probably spends more quality time (as Meghan might say) together than most families.

Anybody else have anything out there to post?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home