Monday, August 28, 2006

Life at School

Hi everyone! I know I should have posted something sooner but orientation week has been kind of hectic. First off, St. Louis is really a beautiful place. I know it is a big city but it doesn't feel like it, at least around the school. There are 38 people in my class and for our studios we are split into 3 groups. I might be biased but I think my group is pretty great. They are all really nice kids. (I still think of everyone as kids?) Our instructor, so we've been told, is the best but the toughest. They told us we will work the hardest but learn the most. I guess it's a fair trade. For orientation week we were at school from 9-5, if not later, working on a project that tested our drafting skills and got us familiar with the computer programs. Because we were there so much last week, we all feel pretty much at home with the people and facilities. (We were assigned permanent studio spaces so we all possess our own little spot in the building) My roommate and I are trying to get our apartment situated before classes officially start on Wednesday. We have no real furniture yet but we did purchase a TV today (the important stuff). I'll try to keep you all informed when I can. I don't see myself having a lot of free time this semester but I'll do my best. Love you all, Jen

2 Comments:

Blogger Blaine said...

Gee, I learned more about what you are doing from this little blog than I did by talking to you last night.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Good Jen! We both like your pictures of the place. In a lot of ways it reminds me of St Paul and the Un of Minnesota. I loved the place, but I think Laura is glad we are a little further south.

Keep in touch. If you want to see what is going on in our lives you can check the Not Mayberry blog on the links.

Love,
Scott and Laura

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home