Monday, May 24, 2010

Update from Wilkesboro

Laura and I had a great time at Animal Kingdom. I was impressed with how well Disney can handle, move, feed, and extract large amounts of cash from hordes of tourists. I think I enjoyed our night time boat ride from Port Orleans to Downtown Disney the most. Although lunch at the Yak and Yeti Bar and Grill was good too. Mainly I just like to say the name: the Yak and Yeti. The Irish Pub wasn't bad either. It had Guinness on tap, a step dancer, Irish singers, and cheese and beer soap from heaven.

We saw lots of animals, but as I explain on Not Mayberry they are working animals with a strict idea of working hours - which is why the safari ride stops at 5 pm, no matter what. The animals of the savanna are already walking off the job and heading home.

We also saw a 3-D movie "It's tough to live a Bug's life" complete with stinkbug effluvia, wasps, and something big running under our seats. We were also going to go to the Dinosaur Ride which was supposed to be terrifying but just as we got to the doors ... they closed it down.

So now I am ready to let Disney Inc take over the town planning of Boone.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Elizabeth said...

I'm glad you enjoyed everything but I've never heard of cheese and beer "soap"....did you take a shower there? Sorry,I couldn't resist pointing that out.

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the dinosaur ride you are talking about. I went on it with another Byrd family and yes it is terrifying! It's also extremely loud. There are so many giant dinosaurs like a T-Rex that screams in your face when you go by it!

-Meghan

6:11 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Elizabeth:
What's your point?
I mean, in our family?
Spelling?

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home