Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Blaine's update for Monday

Miranda, the speech therapist, came at breakfast and watched Mother eat. She is also working on adding some more solid foods to her diet. She brought a muffin that Mother ate most of with a lot of butter. It turns out that is what we have been trying to identify as the blob of sweet stuff that she gets with meals. She had some therapy in the morning and afternoon and that seemed to go well. She did not eat a lot for supper and said that her blood sugar had tested low in the late afternoon and they had "forced" her to eat applesauce and pudding. So she said she was not that hungry. The man that Elizabeth said was fighting with the nurses in the morning tried to come into the room at supper time. When I kept him out he started yelling that that was his room and I shut the door on him. When the man across the hall came back from supper his wife told me that the fellow was over at his bed and saying that was his room.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

I'm thinking Mother not so hungry as she seems to be always drinking a huge glass of something. I'm trying to place this man. There's one that sits upfront in gown or pj's and is trying to take them off but he has IV. Then the lady that always asks me where room 400 is or how to get to the room on her bracelet and then...well I could go on & on.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Blaine said...

Tuesday, and Mother ate real well this morning. She did say that the "apple juice" burned her troat, and I think that it is really pineapple juice. I talked to Miranda and she will check on it, and also on the extra gravy that she didn't get last night.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Elizabeth said...

I think I really like this Miranda...very helpful and knowledgable.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

How are things going today? (Wed). I am a bit behind on my letter writing because classes started yesterday. Going back to work - what a shock.

I hope Mother continues to improve. Is there any idea of when or if she can go home?

And thanks for the updates.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

That man was seem by me yesterday late afternoon with 2 young men getting into a car so I image they said "come & get this bad boy".

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home