Saturday, November 25, 2006

Our North Carolina Thanksgiving

Laura and I drove up to Boone for Thanksgiving with our friends William and Katheryn. They are both good cooks and William always has some fine wine for us. The food is always good and they have wonderful little Shelty dogs and two Persian cats that Laura loves to visit with.

Today we just sat around the house, walked the dog, and did our grocery shopping. It has been unusually warm the last two days. I am almost through with school and am already acting as if I were on my sabbatical. I'd better start thinking of ways to make myself productive.

Blaine, can you show me how to use a scanner and put up some pictures of my own? And I want to look at Elizabeth's camera and how she does it.

We are busy thinking of our Christmas wish list. We expect to see everyone's up on the blog soon. For the moment all I can think of is a gift certificate to Borders or Barnes and Noble and a nice bottle of brandy. But I am sure I can do better than that!

We now have the new heat pump installed and it is so much quieter and efficient than the old one. I expect it to use a lot less electricity. Laura is just glad it is warm in here again and that the heating seems to be so much more consistant from room to room. So we have a new roof and a new heat pump. There must be some other big ticket item about to break or fall apart.

We will be down your way before much longer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Glad to hear about your Thanksgiving. I'll be happy to show you my camera but I'm really not the expert at how to work it with the computer. But maybe that would be the best reason to ask me - sometimes the "experts" get too technical in the instructions. Look forward to seeing you and Laura at Christmas. I'm working on making my house presentable - that will take a few weeks to accomplish!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

You're making the house presentable for us?!!

I look forward to playing with your camera. I am one of those people who the computer stuff 'for dummies' books are too technical. I am looking for the computer stuff for 'complete idiots' series.

Mother told me last night whose names we had drawn - Laura thought it was cute the way it worked out. Now I'll work on my list.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home