Saturday, November 18, 2006

Messages from North Carolina

Some of you have been reading our adventures on the Not Mayberry page, or at least my adventures with Maggie and Leo. Laura is going to up the ante by offering to take the little girls she teaches piano for out to a movie to give their poor mother a rest. There are four of them! Ages 11, 9, 6 and 3. The mother is pregnant with number 5, apparently a boy. But they are cute little girls and reasonably well behaved. So, Elizabeth, if you think it is funny to read about me trying to conduct a conversation with Maggie, stay tuned! Fortuntately the oldest three are perfectly bilingual.

Last night Laura and I went to the Christmas lights festival in North Wilkesboro. It was fun, but no big deal. It seems that there are fewer and fewer people at it each year. It was not very cold last night. I met Laura at the library when she got off work and then walked around for a bit. We went into the art gallery since it was having a big reception for their artist of the week. He was actually still working on one of his paintings, a huge portrait in oils. Reminded me a bit of watching Chris Clark work.

Marshall, if you have been wondering why you didn't get your summer/birthday savings bond it is because the post office kept returning it. I must have given a bad address to the bank. I have it now, and will give it to you when we see you at Christmas time.

We are planning on leaving here on the 21rst of Dec and staying until the 29th or 30th. We'll see everyone then, I hope.

I think that this year it might be a good idea for everyone to put their Christmas 'wish list' up on the blog, so we don't keep running to Elizabeth for hints as to what everyone wants. I'll put mine up in a week or so! Just to get started you understand.

Blaine - I got the article you sent and it was exactly what I wanted. Thanks. I'll try the Berryville place first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home