Sunday, October 22, 2006

Koman Race For The Cure


Okay, I know everyone has been waiting patiently for a photo of me at the Koman breast cancer race (walk) for the cure. (Will maybe mildly interested.) So here goes. I dressed for the occasion as you can see. King had 54 people sign up and raised over 10,000 dollars. I raised 410 for my part. It was 5 kilometers or about 3 miles, but by the time I walked from the parking and back I was closer to 5 miles. Besides my photo there is one of most of the King group. I'll also post one of the "walk".

5 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Yes, I can see that you certainly dressed the part, with your usual sartorial splendor. I shouldn't talk though. Laura's new motto, that she says every time she irons my jeans or my ink-stained raggedy pants is "Shabby but not rumpled."

1:30 PM  
Blogger Jenifer said...

Don't listen to Scotty, Dad. I think you look adorable. I like the pink flower especially.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

'Adorable!' - yes, that's the word I've been searching for.
Thank you Jenifer.

Scotty

ps: decades ago your grandmother was looking at me finishing dressing for a date with Laura and shook her head saying, "Well, its clear Laura isn't dating you for your wardrobe."

I'm sure she was just joking.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Blaine said...

Hay, I thought that the clothing fit the occasion (But the word adorable never entered my mind.) Oh I did manage to leave the house before Judy had a chance to see what I had on. I didn’t want to have to deal with her comments about it and ruin my day. The people at work liked it (?were amused by it?) and made me move from the back to the front row for the group photo.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I wasn't surprised when I saw Blaine's attire. My first thought was "how cute" and then "I'm really proud of him".

Jackie

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home