Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Back from Iberia

Better known as Portugal and Spain. We got in very late on Sunday. Fortunately I did not have to be at school until 3:30 Monday and had made arrangements for the class to go to the library for a session with the librarian. So all I had to do was set there and appear to be awake. A very good thing because I had in effect been up 24 hours or more the day before. I have put one or two notices on Not Mayberry and will try to put more of my travel journal up as the week goes by. If I can get my friend Curtis to help me I may be able to get some of the pictures Joey sent us put up here (or there).

We both had a great time and enjoyed touring around with the kids. Joey's Spanish is getting pretty good. In Portugal a great many people spoke English! And are not at all shy about using it. There are strong historical ties between Portugal and England going back to the 1140s - and Europeans believe in tradition.

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home