Sunday, November 04, 2007

Back from Washington

Laura and I just now got back from Washington. The cats have had such fun without the dog that they were setting in the living room at the door waiting for us. That's the first time I have ever seen them do that.

The trip was a lot of fun, except when we got there I opened up the trunk .... and it was empty. I went to Laura and said, "Honey, did you put the suitcase in the car?" She looked at me blankly and said, "Why would I do that? YOU always put the suitcase in the car because I can't lift it."

So she spent the first day in Georgetown trying to find normal clothes at a reasonable price in Georgetown. One very prissily dressed metrosexual sales assistant told her that most everything in G-Town was for "the young and trendy." But she finally found just what we needed.

We had time to have dinner last night with Steve and Cindy at an excellent Mexican restaurant that because it was owned by Cuban Americans also served wonderful Cuban dishes. On the way back to the hotel all of Wisconsin Ave was blocked by police cars and ambulances. Turns out an irate customer tried to burn down one of the clubs by tossing a can of gasoline onto the bouncer at the front door. Later there was a police helicopter hovering absolutely motionless over our hotel with a search light looking for the guy.

Anyway, as you can see the whole trip was a lot of fun, except for Laura's enforced day of shopping. I guess she just wasn't young and trendy enough to enjoy it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Art's comment "only a collage professor"

Glad the trip, otherwise the missing suitcase, was good. Our plan oneday is to play tourist in DC and Baltimore.

Who is BTW & I never thought I looked like Jane. I'll have to take another look. Art did enjoy playing beauty parlor.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

BTW = by the way.

Yeah, I never thought you looked much like Jane either, but you sure do in the picture of you and your granddaughters.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home