Monday, November 12, 2007

North Carolina Pics

Well, we made it back from N.C. (minus my driver's license). Here are a few pictures. I hope they post in the order I put them in.

Here is Meghan and Maggie showing off their purchases after their trip to Mystery Hill.


It was fairly cold by our standards but not for Scott. But the sun was always out and it didn't rain. Here is a picture of a pretty stone Episcopal church in Blowing Rock? I think it was Blowing Rock.

Here are Meghan's words about her trip: I went to alot of different places. Some are Mystery Hill, Magic Mountain and Maggie, her mom, Laura, and I went to see the Bee Movie. Magic Mountain is a gem stone mining place. You buy a small, medium, or large bucket with gravel and gems (the gems are scattered around). Next you take a shovel and put the gravel in a sifter with maybe some gems. Then you put the sifter into the moving water and move it around to clean off the gravel and gems. When you've cleaned them off, you take the gems and put them in the bag. When you've finished, you take the bag and the bucket inside, they ask you if you want any of you're gems cut (if you do, they'll send the cut gem(s) back to you). I had a rose quartz cut into a pendant. At Mystery Hill there is a "weird" room that slants. You have a very hard time walking in the room and it makes you feel kind of dizzy and seasick. There is a ball that you set down on a shelf and it rolls UP the shelf. Also, you can take a cup of water and pour it in a spigot and it travels UP the pipe and comes out at the top. Then there is a room where you can stand in front of a white wall, turn on a light for 10 seconds and then turn the light off, step away from the wall and your shadow stays on the wall. There was a bubble room where you can stand in the middle of a big hoop and have someone try to put a big bubble up over you.


And here is one of the mountains and what was left of the color. I think last week was the peak but we didn't care. It was still pretty. I just realized I didn't take many pics of people (mother, Scott and Laura) - sorry.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

That sure was quick posting on your trip! Maggie looks so laid back in that 1st picture.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Glad Meghan enjoyed the trip. Hope you did too Elizabeth.

Yesterday I saw Maggie and asked her if she liked meeting Meghan and she burst out "I miss her already!"

So it was a successful trip.

PS: what cold?

8:59 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

ps: It is snowing in Boone tonight.

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snow! I don't plan on tell Meghan!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Ok, I promise I won't tell her either!
Jackie

1:21 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Look at the time...I swear it is NOT 5:55am rather 1:21PM Sunday.

Jackie

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blog says 1:21 p.m. - where did you get 5:55 a.m.? Must be your computer.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home